BEWARE OF SCAMS - - IRS never calls to ask for MONEY or Private Information
Here is How
- File electronically.
- This gets tax returns to the IRS faster than by mail, and helps the IRS process it faster since IRS workers don't have to spend time transcribing the information on the return into its computer system.
- Elect direct deposit of your refund.
- By choosing on your tax return to have your refund sent electronically to your bank account, you further speed your refund-by saving the time involved in having the IRS process and mail a paper check, as well as the time the check spends in the mail traveling to you. You'll also avoid the risk that your refund check will be lost in the mail-which happens to about 100,000 taxpayers annually and the risk that a wrongdoer will steal your check.
- File as early as possible.
- To get your refund as soon as possible, file your 2019 tax return as early in 2020 as possible. This will probably be January 27, 2020.
Very Important Links